Sunday, 22 July 2012

Lily-Flame Vanilla & Honey Scented Candle

Lily-Flame Vanilla and Honey scented candle (R.R.P. £8.50)

In the middle of the exam period, when I wallowing in self pity, I decided to invest in a new scented candle. I thought I deserved a little treat, and trawling the internet for candles was just the sort of procrastination that I was looking for.

During my search, I stumbled across the Lily-Flame website and was amazed at the huge range of scents which were on offer. I settled for this Vanilla & Honey tin and was ashamedly excited for its arrival in the post.

When it arrived, I obviously put all work aside and rushed to light it. Even before I'd lit the match, the sweet smell of the candle was really strong. When it was lit, my room was absolute bliss for about 15 minutes. After said 15 minutes, I began to get a bit of a headache. In reality, the candle does exactly what it says on the tin and is almost too much to bear. In my opinion, this is not a candle to be used all evening to create atmospheric candlelight. Instead, it is more like a flaming air freshener which shouldn't be left on for too long.

On the plus side, it claims to last for 30 to 35 hours so if you are using it in 15 minute bursts it could last you months and even years, making it excellent value for money! 

Have you tried any other Lily-Flame scents or can you recommend any other scented candle brands? Comment below!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or like my facebook page

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this at the shops but have yet to smell it. I sounds nice though...just make sure you don't burn it for too long if it gives you a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the trick to that one is to light it for a few minutes and then blow it out before the scent gets too strong. I have a couple of candles like that at home too. They smell great at first, but then get overpowering if they burn too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may try beeswax candles as they release natural and pleasant honey smell when burned. Pure beeswax candles are not added with any strong fragrances that let you faint. You may know more about beeswax candles at http://www.3beeswaxcandles.com or read the blog at http://3beeswaxcandles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lovee candles i need to get some for my apt!

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete