Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Skin Wisdom cheap treats


Skin Wisdom Day Spa Gingerlily & Orange Wash 'n' Scrub (R.R.P £1.49) and Hand and Body Lotion (R.R.P £3.49)

Since starting my Master's degree, I have become more destitute than ever. I am now officially that annoying thrifty friend who orders the cheapest thing on the menu and then refuses to split the bill equally. This has also meant that my spending on beauty products has gone down significantly but, for the most part, I think I'm still managing to look like I have a home.

Part of the reason for this is discovering Skin Wisdom Day Spa body care products. Skin Wisdom is actually a range by TESCO so, as you can imagine, it's not all amazing. I tried their face scrub once and found it way too abrasive, but their Day Spa wash 'n' scrub and hand and body lotion actually tick all the right boxes.

Being a wash as well as a scrub as the name implies, the scrub exfoliates your body gently which means you could use it every day if you're that way inclined. I personally use it once or twice a week as I've never been one for exfoliating with every shower. I'm definitely of the opinion that less is more - it's good to let your skin breathe for a few days.

The lotion is even more amazing, considering the price, as it genuinely lives up to its name as a spa product. If I went to a spa and someone had sneekily swapped a £50 Elemis bottle of hand lotion for this one, I genuinely don't think I'd notice. It just smells so amazing and has a lovely creamy texture which rubs in really easily.

Have you discovered any good value skincare recently or had any experience of anything else in the Skin Wisdom range? Do drop me a line if so!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

5 comments:

  1. Great review... I've never seen these products at my Local Tesco
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I think they're more common in bigger stores...luckily I have a huge one near me! x

      Delete
  2. I'm really bad with skin products, in the sense that I don't use them as much as one should... I always tell myself I will put moisturiser on after the shower and then... I'm so lazy! :P

    Anyway...


    I also wanted to let you know that I just nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find out more on my blog at:
    Globetrotter à la Mode


    Take care!

    Ely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting blog !
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore you! So pretty!
    It's true, sometimes cheap things are just as good as expensive ones!

    Your new fan
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete