Thursday, 20 March 2014

Lola make up at M&S

Hello!

Just a quick mid-week post (well, over mid-week, thank the sweet lord) to let you know about one of the newest beauty brands to hit the M&S beauty aisles - Lola. Lola is a British professional mid-range beauty brand that is exclusive to M&S. I was particularly excited to find out they are based in Clapham, being a South London dweller myself!

After exploring the range with a lovely M&S representative, I was really impressed with the brushes. They are incredibly well priced for the quality, costing £15 on average. I will always be a huge advocate of MAC brushes but they are pricey. If, like myself, you can't afford to kit yourself out with the entire range, these are a great alternative that won't break the bank. They look really professional and are super soft.

Another thing that caught my eye was the beautiful range of colours that the cosmetics come in. All the colours are bright and summery, with plenty of peach and orange hues. The nail polish I'm wearing in the picture below is called "prom queen" and I absolutely love it. I'd say these nail polishes are on a par with Boots' No.7 price and quality-wise but the range of colours is far better and more seasonal.

All in all, I think Lola is a fantastic mid-range brand and is perfect for those who want to treat themselves to something a little special but without the hefty price tag. You can check out the collection here.

Have you tried out any new, lesser-known brands which you think deserve recognition? Let me know!


Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

*Disclaimer: M&S is actually one of the brands I work for at my PR agency. However, I promise that I was in no way asked or paid to write this post and all opinions are my own!

4 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty shade. I was sent some of the M&S makeup recently to review on my blog from the Holly Sharpe collection, and I was SO impressed with the quality! I definitely will try more of their own branded makeup whereas I probably would have turned my nose up before xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Holly Sharpe range, it looks gorgeous and extremely reasonably priced! Will have to check it out, thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous is that shade?! Looks perfect for Summer. I am a very big fan of M&S beauty, it is actually one of my favourite shops for skincare and beauty. I especially love the limited collection range - such brilliant quality for the price, so I will have to look more into Lola! I see it around there but haven't looked properly at it yet, but it looks lovely. x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the whole range is perfect for summer :) I love the Limited Collection range too, especially the lipsticks. Have a nice Sunday x

      Delete